Today we are thrilled to present one of the most awesome and helpful Photoshop plugin for designers we come across, brought to you by Flaticon.
With this plugin you can quickly search and find the icons you need for your design, select the one you need and use it. Every icon is in vector format, you can customize them in any way you want, without leaving your working environment. Just click & play, as simple as that!
The most important thing about this plugin is that you can get it for free!
This plugin is vital for improving your productivity, you don’t have to waste time looking for the icon you need online. It’s really helpful, work on your project without leaving Photoshop. All the icons are vectors, so in Photoshop you can stretch, scale or paint over them in any way you want, without the worry of quality loss, which is kinda a big deal for us. They have the biggest vector icon database and this plugin will give you access to all of them, updated and synchronized.
How to install and use it
1. Download and unzip the Flaticon Plugin from the download page.
Please note the supported version of Photoshop are: CS5, CS6, CC
2. Launch the Adobe Extension Manager.
Windows Users: You may need to run the Adobe Extension Manager as Administrator (right-click the Adobe Extension Manager icon and click “Run as Administrator”).
3. Click “Install” and navigate to the Flaticon extension file (.zxp).
4. You should now be able to find Flaticon Plugin at Window > Extensions > Flaticon
5. Search your icon using the search bar.
6.Now double-click your prefered icon, it will insert the vector shape right on your design.
7. All the vector shapes you can stretch or scale them without worrying about quality loss. So adjust the icon to fit your design, as we did in the example below:
So there you have it, you just installed one of the most useful Photoshop plugin, we strongly recommend it especially for interface designers, as it will ease your workflow a lot!